Primo Smallgoods Stage One works
|Location:||Wacol, Brisbane, Queensland|
|Scope overview:||Master plan, design and construct a $136M integrated smallgoods processing plant|
|Project Profile:||Download PDF|
Wiley was contracted to master plan, design and construct a $136 Million integrated smallgoods processing plant that would consolidate several smaller Primo production operations and incorporate:
- A 10,566 pallet freezer for the storage of meat products used in the manufacture of Primo products
- A 7,656 pallet distribution chiller for the storage, picking and distribution of finished products.
The development, located at Wacol in Brisbane, Queensland, was to include process areas able to produce up to 1,800 tonne of smallgoods per week on a double shift with amenities for 600 workers.
Due to the scale of this undertaking, the project was delivered in two stages:
Stage One—Cold storage and distribution
Stage Two—Process and production facilities and administration building
This profile will detail Stage One of the project.
Wiley consolidated several smaller Primo operations into a unified, efficient and custom-designed solution.
Stage one was delivered on time and to the highest international food-grade standards ensuring Primo would be on-track to have both stages completed by September 2012, enabling the timely production of Christmas hams and smallgoods.
This facility has been recognised for its outstanding level of design and innovation with three industry awards:
2013 Australian Institute of Building Excellence in Building National Awards:
- Professional Builder of the Year
- Research, Development and Technology
2013 Australian Institute of Project Management, Project Management Achievement Award:
- Construction/Engineering Project over $100 Million
2013 Queensland Master Builder’s Brisbane Regional Awards:
- Industrial Building over $5 Million
- Innovation in Environmental Management